Design & Implementation Engineer - SDH, DWDM, WANRegister for Job Alert
mecscomms is recruiting a Contract Network Design Engineer & Technical Design Authority to work for a Global Telecoms Carrier & Network service provider. We are looking for someone who has experience of large scale service provider WAN, LAN, SDH, PDH, DWDM, Ethernet, Optical Fibre & IP networking design, including the production of LLD & HLD design documentation. The Design Engineer will ensure customer solutions are planned & designed to deliver maximum benefit.
Your experience should include the architecture specification, design, build & deployment of transmission, SDH, DWDM & Optical Fibre networking technologies into the production environment.
You must possess SDH & DWDM design engineering experience within a telecom’s service provider environment including knowledge of protection architectures & the different overlying service types such as IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP & Voice etc.
- Rate: c £400 per day
- Start date: 02/01/2020
- Duration: 6 month rolling contract
- Role:Design Engineer, Technical Design Authority, Customer Solution Design, LLD, HLD
- Technology: WAN, LAN, SDH, PDH, DWDM, Optical Fibre, Ethernet, IP networking, Cisco,
- Location: Anywhere UK. Work from home. Offices available throughout the UK if preferred
- Security Clearance: SC Level (Eligibility for clearance is essential)
Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Infrastructure, Telecom, Telecommunications, Telecoms, Telco, Carrier, ISP, Service Provider, Internet, TDA, Technical Design Authority, Network Designer, Design Engineer, Solution Architect, LLD, HLD, WAN, LAN, SDH, PDH, DWDM, Optical Fibre, Ethernet, IP networking, Cisco, IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Routers, Switches, Ethernet, CCNA / CCDA / CCDP
New contract opportunity for a customer facing WAN, LAN, SDH, PDH, DWDM, Ethernet, Optical Fibre network solution design consultant to join an international IT, Cloud, Telecoms Carrier & Service Provider.
The Design & Implementation Engineer will utilise site surveys & technical knowhow, to take ownership of creating low level & high level designs & documentation of the configurations in support of Network deployments. The role will provide bespoke, detailed designs & technical ownership for the customer solution including the issuing of detailed network solutions, technical leadership & implementation support.
The Design & Implementation Engineer will be engaged throughout the LLD / HLD design process including the design & documentation of solutions. The Design Engineer will own the technical delivery of customer solutions & will be the technical interface between customer, product teams & project management during service delivery.
Potential candidates should possess demonstrable experience within highly complex Low Level Solution design & technical architecture whereby you can demonstrate both strong commercial & technical engineering capabilities.
- Provide specification, design, build & deployment of SDH/DWDM technologies.
- Identify, innovate & drive the Network roadmap in liaison with strategy, product & service departments
- Own SDH/DWDM network topology including configuration, integration, acceptance & test
- Monitor & report on capacity trending, planning network upgrades accordingly
- Provide technical architecture consultancy to projects as required
- Identify technical improvements that add value in terms of better, faster or cheaper infrastructure
- Anticipate business challenges & proactively recommend improvements
- Understand the impact of end of life products to provide seamless continuity of service
- Lead technology stack strategy & innovation to future proof the network
- Drive innovation, integration & availability of architecture through the development & management of product/system roadmaps
We are looking for someone who has experience in the design & implementation of large scale SDH & DWDM Networks including highly complex Low Level & High Level Solution design & technical architectures. Your technical knowledge, skills & attributes are likely to include:
- Complex WAN, SDH, DWDM Networks Infrastructure environments
- Substantial experience in SDH, DWDM design engineering within a telecom’s environment
- Architect knowledge of SDH, DWDM networks
- Awareness of protection architectures & the different overlying service types (IP, MPLS, Voice)
- Delivery of carrier class SDH, DWDM network services; ideally with Infinera experience
- Knowledge of Cramer or other OSS systems
- Knowledge of optical management systems & optical planning tools.
- It is desirable for candidates to have some Cisco certifications ranging from CCNP to CCDP
- It is essential for the successful individual to currently hold OR be eligible to pass BPSS (Basic Check) & SC level security clearance checks