Operations Management SpecialistRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is currently recruiting for a contract Operations Management Specialist in Newbury, Berkshire, to work for a global telecoms carrier and network provider. This is an 8 month contract assignment. We are looking for someone who possesses strong operational management experience including; data analysis, business analysis, partner management, supplier relations & process management experience. The role will help improve order management, provisioning, enablement and enterprise customer service delivery processes. Ideally your experience will be within a hi-tech, telecoms, carrier, ISP or similar IT technology environment. If this sounds like you, I'm keen to hear from you. Find out more below…
Position: Operations Specialist, Partner Manager, Business Intelligence, Business Analyst, Process Management, Service Delivery, Order Management
Location: Newbury, Berkshire, UK
Hours: Monday – Friday (09.00 - 17.30)
Duration: 8 months+ contract
Rate: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Environment: Telco, Telecom, Carrier, Internet, ISP, Service Provider, Operator, BT Openreach, BT ECO, Provisioning Administrator, Co-ordinator, Order Analyst, Operations, Network, Admin, Data Entry, KPI, SLA, Tracking, Testing, Circuit Tests, Reporting, WAN, Voice, Data, Connectivity, PSTN, ADSL, Ethernet, Leased Lines, IP Networking, IT, Excel, Microsoft Office, 3rd Party Supplier, Relationship Management, IP, MPLS, ITIL.
- Operational Management
- Order & Provisioning Management
- Supplier & Relationship Management
- Continual Process Improvement
- Service Delivery Reviews
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Business Intelligence Analysis
- Process Documentation & Reporting
- Governance & Control
An 8 month contract position has become available for an experienced Operations Management Specialist to improve order management, provisioning and service delivery capabilities for an international telecoms service provider. The role will ensure the best possible service delivery experience for enterprise customers throughout the order delivery cycle, responsible for process improvement & relationship management with internal & external partners & collaborating with the Delivery Managers to ensure projects are delivered seamlessly.
The Operations Specialist will improve business performance across internal and external all delivery partners, driving development & performance management to improve delivery cycle-times, quality & cost to deliver.
The Operations Specialist will have accountability for reviewing process documentation, driving process improvement, conducting service delivery reviews, implementing performance improvement plans & chairing to improve colleague & partner engagement.
- Operational Management & Performance Improvement – design, develop and embed scorecards to measure and drive improvement across fibre & network delivery partners
- Data Analytics – transforming large quantities of statistical data into scorecard metrics
- Operational Demand & Forecasting – using intelligence to forecast forthcoming operational issues & own the communication to internal impacted user group. Support management teams with external stakeholder management
- Process Improvement –support service delivery stakeholders looking to embed change
- Continuous Process Improvement - through effective problem management
- Commercial & Financial Management – understanding cost to deliver & support improvement initiatives
- Influencing & Collaboration - stakeholder management to influence and deliver change
- Communication Management – delivering compelling argument for ensuring Global Enterprise customers receive confident and engaging presentations
The ideal candidate will have had operational management & change management experience in the management of complex enterprise customer service delivery projects. You should be capable of managing and engaging stakeholders to deliver large scale & complex Network & Fibre solutions.
Ideally your experience will have been gained with a Telco, Carrier, ISP, Network Service Provider, Managed Hosting, Cloud, Systems / Network Integrator or similar type of technology managed services provider.
Your knowledge, skills and experience should be similar to that outlined above & are likely to include:
- Understanding of the delivery mechanisms for fixed-line telecommunications
- Change management, order management, provisioning, enablement or service delivery experience
- Experience in working with large enterprise, mid-tier & public sector customers
- Budget / P&L / financial analysis skills
- Matrix management of service delivery teams
- Strong stakeholder management, planning & organisational skills
- Excellent documentation drafting competences
- Previous experience of working within a Partner Management & Business Intelligence
- Six Sigma, ITIL or Agile experience is advantage