RAN Network EngineerRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is recruiting a Contract RAN Optimisation Network Engineer to work for a Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Telecoms Carrier & Mobile Network service provider in Newbury, Berkshire. The Ran Engineer will be responsible for analysing, planning, optimisation & performance monitoring of Radio Access, RF, LTE, VoLTE, 4G, GSM, Mobile & Wireless network infrastructure. If you have experience in network optimisation with an in-depth knowledge of LTE, VoLTE, 4G, MOS, TEMS, GSM, UMTS, technologies, we’re keen to hear from you.
Position: Contract RAN Network Engineer
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Duration: Up to 12 month contract
Environment: Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Infrastructure, Telecom, Telecommunications, Telecoms, Telco, Carrier, ISP, Service Provider, Mobile, RAN, RF, Radio Area Network, Mobile Optimisation & Performance Engineer, Tuning, Design, Configuration, Capacity Planning, Coverage, Strategy, Network, Site, LTE, 4G, 3G, 2G, 3GPP, OSS, BSS, GSM, MNO tools, Fault Management, Performance Reports, Dashboards.
- Network Analysis
- Performance Optimisation
- Radio Network Planning
- Capacity & Coverage Management
- Network Design
New contract opportunity for an experienced Mobile Network Optimisation Engineer to join an international telecommunications operator. The RAN Engineer will identify areas of performance improvement across the mobile network and investigate current network configurations, routes and settings to understand current operations.
To drive network optimisation and improve performance, the Optimisation Engineer will create strategies to modify existing parameters and deliver new software features and upgrades.
- Analyse & audit existing network infrastructure & configuration
- Manage network coverage, capacity and performance effectively
- Deliver mobile optimisation strategies including feature testing, parameter changes, KPI analysis, baseline definitions and guidelines
- Analyse drive test logs including L3 messages
- Develop performance reports and dashboards, as required
- Work to mobile network processes and best practices
The ideal candidate will have worked in network optimisation with an in-depth knowledge of LTE, VoLTE, 4G, MOS, TEMS, GSM, UMTS, technologies. Your background is likely to include some or all of the following:
- An understanding or mobile telecoms networks, or carrier environments
- Knowledge of 3GPP 4G LTE technologies
- RF / RAN experience working for an operator, mobile vendor or managed service supplier
- Experience of network coverage, capacity and performance analysis
- In-depth technical knowledge of Ericsson mobile technologies
- Mobile optimisation and performance experience (feature testing, parameters, KPI analysis etc.)
- Experience with OSS / BSS / MNO tools