Data AnalystRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is recruiting a Contract Data Analyst to work for a Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Telecoms Carrier & Network service provider in Bracknell or Newbury. The data analyst will be responsible for the management, investigation, reconciliation, reporting & data cleansing of inventory & orders management activity, to ensure the timely & accurate payment of supplier billing & vendor invoices. If you have a background in analysis, reporting, data modelling & supply chain reconciliation, we’re keen to hear from you.
Position: Contract Data Analyst
Location Bracknell or Newbury
Security Clearance: SC Security Clearance (or eligibility for clearance) is mandatory
Duration: Up to 12 month contract
Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Infrastructure, Telecom, Telecommunications, Telecoms, Telco, Carrier, ISP, Service Provider, Internet, Billing, Revenue, Revenue Assurance, Credit Control, Supply Chain, Reconciliation, Accounts, Accounting, Invoicing, Audit, Supplier Payments, Inventory Management, Order Management, Interconnects, Routing, Traffic, Analyst, Data Analyst, Management Reporting, MI Reports, Queries, Statistical Reporting, Data Analysis, Database Manipulation, Data Mining, Data Modelling, Business Intelligence, Insight, MS Excel, Formulas, V Look Up Tables, Macros, Pivot Tables
- Data Analysis
- Inventory Audit Analysis
- Discrepancy Investigation
- Invoice Discrepancy Resolution
- Supply Chain Reconciliations
- Order Management System Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Vendor Payments
New contract opportunity for a data analyst to be responsible for Vendor Inventory PO Management providing ongoing support for a major reconciliation project.
The position will assist by investigating billing & supplier payment discrepancies to identify & resolve inventory inconsistencies, conflicts or disputes and to help create clean inventories. This will include generating & assessing management information (MI) reports, statistical analysis reporting & data modelling etc.
You will help to ensure vendors are paid on time, resolving inventory conflict to avoid service cut offs. Furthermore you will help to improve customer satisfaction for the vendor & partner supply chain payment process.
- Support & reconcile vendor disputes working with internal stakeholders & external vendors & supply chain
- Utilise knowledge of telecoms processes to reconcile discrepancies between vendor claims & existing inventories
- Create clean inventories ensuring all new orders, ceases & cancelations are reflected correctly
- Update systems to reflect all new, ceased and cancelled services in line with a project plan
- Generate update & status reports to a working groups & key stakeholders
- Raise timely POs and monitor expenditure
The ideal candidate will have worked as a Data Analyst with some previous experience in a telecoms environment. This may include experience of revenue assurance, billing, collections or supplier payments etc. whereby you have had to audit and investigate accounts to identify variances & discrepancies. Your background is likely to include some or all of the following:
- An understanding or telecoms, networks, or carrier environments
- Familiarity with telecommunications processes
- Advances data analysis, statistical analysis & auditing skills
- Investigation, interpretation & reconciliation of large volumes of data
- Generating & assessing management information (MI) reports
- Microsoft excel ideally including the ability to use formulas, v – look up tables, macros & pivot tables
- Experience of order management or inventory systems is preferable
- Vendor, supplier or supply chain experience is preferable
It is essential for the successful individual to currently hold OR be eligible to pass BPSS (Basic Check) and SC level security clearance checks.