Network & OSS Systems EngineerRegister for Job Alert
Network & OSS Systems Engineer
OSS, NMS, Network & Service Management
UK wide - work from home – remote working
@mecscomms is recruiting for a remote based, home working – Network & OSS Systems Engineer to work for a global IT, ICT, Technology, Telecoms, Cloud, Communication & Collaboration managed service provider. The Network & OSS systems engineer will design, develop & integrate a variety of operational, business & network management solutions to support the E2E management of enterprise grade customer services & operations. If you have expertise in the design, development & integration of OSS, BSS, NMS or other associated service centric architecture & performance management software tools, I'm keen to hear from you.
Position: Network Systems Engineer, OSS Engineer, OSS SNMP Integration, Network Engineer, Design Engineer, Architect, Solutions Consultant, DevOps, LLD, HLD
Purpose: Develop the OSS platforms to successfully; capture, process, customise & integrate various IT Service Management (ITSM) & IT Operational Management (ITOM) issues, for the successful management of large enterprise customer solutions. Seamlessly integrate the platforms with multiple business & operational systems & 3rd party applications. Maximise automation opportunities & ensure the efficient capture & management of all ITSM & ITOM issues
Location: Work from home – remote working - anywhere UK
Services: IT, Technology, Networks, Telecoms, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Unified Communication & Collaboration & Modern Workplace solutions
Duration: Full time, permanent employment
Salary: £50,000 - £80,000 basic + benefits
Environment: IT, ICT, Technology, Telecoms, Cloud, Hosting, Managed IT Services, Virtualisation, Systems / Network Integrator, ISP, Microsoft Technology Partner, Consultancy, Unified Communications, Collaboration, Network Systems Engineer, OSS Engineer, OSS SNMP Integration, Network Engineer, Design Engineer, Architect, Solutions Consultant, DevOps, LLD, HLD, Cisco Prime, Cisco Works, Cisco Security Manager, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, Paessler PRTG, MangeEngine OpManager, Zabbix, Nagios, Icinga, Kaseya Traverse, Zenoss, , Telemetry Netconf, HP OpenView, HP BTO, Stablenet, SevOne, Cacti, NetFlow, SFlow, Syslog, Rancid, ELK Stack (Elastic, Logstash & Kibana), SNMP, Nagios, Cramer, Amdocs, Junos, NetCracker, Python, SCCM, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP.
- Management of Networks & monitoring tools
- Needs analysis, gathering requirements & mapping business processes
- Create technical specifications, plans & designs
- Design & develop of OSS solutions
- Implement management & monitoring tool solutions
- Platform customisation & integration
- Manage; test, build & release processes
- Assist DevOps & the creation of custom solutions
- Identify areas for modification or improvement
- High end maintenance of Network & OSS platforms
The Network & OSS Systems Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation & integration of service centric architecture & performance management software tools, whist acting as a subject matter expert within the business.
You’ll work alongside various; operational management, technical support, service desk, sales & managed services teams to understand the needs of the business, map those needs into business processes & then develop solutions within the OSS & BSS architecture to meet those business needs.
You’ll play a pivotal role in providing exceptional customer care through developing the systems which underpin the support & management of enterprise customer solutions, for a comprehensive suite of managed IT & technology products & services.
The role will involve a significant amount of OSS, business systems & 3rd party application integration & customisation.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Network OSS & performance management software
- Understand the needs of the business & map those into processes & solutions
- Understanding business processes & requirements
- Creating technical specifications & plans (SoW, LLD, HLD, Project Plans etc.)
- Building reliable, secure & highly available monitoring solutions
- Design, develop & implement fit-for-purpose OSS solutions
- Develop & adhere to best practices for developing bespoke OSS tools
- Customise tools & platforms where required
- Implement OSS solutions
- Identify automation opportunities for new service provisioning, MACD configuration & software patching
- Align platform design with business goals
- Manage data transformation & synchronisation between platforms
- Writing test, implementation & change plans as required
- Perform testing support & defect fixing
- 4th line support for OSS software incidents & fault resolution
- Collaborate effectively across teams, working efficiently to meet delivery dates
Candidates must have previous & similar Network & OSS systems engineering experience. You’re likely to have designed & / or configured large scale Network Management Solutions & will probably have worked within a Software Vendor, Managed Hosting, Cloud, Systems / Network Integrator, ISP, Telco or similar type of managed technology service provider.
Your experience is likely to include some of the following:
- Complex WAN, Telecoms, Network & Cloud Infrastructure environments
- Design for private, public & enterprise WAN IP Networks
- Familiarity with routing, switching & firewall (Cisco, ASI, ASA, ASR, Fortinet)
- Network Management, Network Monitoring, OSS, BSS, CRM, Service Centric Architecture, Performance Management software or similar infrastructure management packages & platforms
- Familiarity with some of the following: Cisco Prime, Cisco Works, Cisco Security Manager, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, Paessler PRTG, MangeEngine OpManager, Zabbix, Nagios, Icinga, Kaseya Traverse, Zenoss, Telemetry Netconf, HP OpenView, HP BTO, Stablenet, SevOne, Cacti, NetFlow, SFlow, Syslog, Rancid, ELK Stack (Elastic, Logstash & Kibana), SNMP, Nagios, Cramer, Amdocs, Junos, NetCracker
- Strong SNMP knowledge
- Automation & orchestration
- APIs & Protocols such as REST, SNMP, Netflow/IPFIX, gRPC, Telemetry Netconf etc.
- Open source toolsets: Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Terraform, Ansible
- Cisco certifications ranging from CCNA to CCNP, CCDP are highly desirable