3rd Line Support EngineerRegister for Job Alert
3rd Line Support Engineer
Senior Service Desk -Managed Service Provider
UK wide - work from home – remote working
@mecscomms is currently recruiting for a 3rd Line - Senior Service Desk Engineer to provide 3rd line customer support for complex technology solutions within a Managed IT & Cloud services environment. If you have experience in the management, administration, support, monitoring, trouble shooting, installation, configuration, deployment, rollout & integration of managed IT & Cloud services, with advanced O365, Azure, Citrix & Fortinet experience, I'm keen to hear from you.
Position: 3rd Line Support, Senior Service Desk Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Help Desk
Purpose: To provide third line professional technical support for Managed Service customers with the aim to fix all incidents escalated from support teams & working towards agreed SLA’s. This will be achieved by the effective troubleshooting & diagnosis of more complex incidents which cannot be resolved by 1st & 2nd line teams
Location: Work from home – remote working - anywhere UK
Services: IT, Technology, Networks, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Unified Communication & Collaboration & Modern Workplace solutions
Technology: Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Azure, Citrix, Office 365, VMware, SCCM and SAN/NAS.
Hours: 09.00 – 17.30
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 basic + benefits (pro rata)
Environment: IT, Technology, Cloud, Hosted Services, Internet, Hosting, Data Centre, Managed IT Solutions, SaaS, Technical Support, Helpdesk, Service Desk, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Azure, SQL, Office 365, M365, O365, SCCM, SharePoint, Skype, MS Teams, IP Networking, Cisco, Firewalls, Fortinet, Networking, Routing, Switching, Load balancers, Netscaler, F5, VMware, vSphere, Hyper-V, Azure, AWS, Storage, SAN, NAS, Citrix, Xenapp, ServiceNow
- Third line technical support
- Respond to escalated incidents
- Troubleshooting & fault diagnosis
- Investigate, isolate & resolve complex issues
- Root cause analysis
- Maintain SLA & KPI objectives
- Actively monitor systems
- Complex systems configuration
- Testing & fine tuning
- Complex deployment support
- Project management & delivery
Provide third line professional technical support for Managed Service customers with the aim to fix all incidents escalated from 1st / 2nd line engineering & support teams & working towards agreed SLA’s. This will be achieved by effective troubleshooting & diagnosis of more complex incidents which cannot be resolved by 1st Line and 2nd line teams.
Working with the Pod Manager & Service Delivery Manager, you will also be required to perform a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customer’s uptime, & perform root cause analysis to prevent reoccurring issues.
Tasks will include, resolving more complex monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance & upgrading customer systems.
- Collaboratively work with Support teams on escalated technical issues
- Provide 3rdline technical support where 1st & 2nd line teams are unable to resolve issues
- Identify & prioritise complex or strategic issues affecting major customers
- Technically investigate all issues escalated through to a 3rd line level
- Resolving more complex monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance & upgrading customer systems
- Progress all support incidents in line with the customers SLA ensuring a first response target of 98% is achieved
- Perform troubleshooting techniques & best practice fault investigation to a 3rd line level
- Resolve & fault fix the most technically complex issues
- Where necessary, interact with vendors to solve issues
- Identify & manage major incidents which may require special attention
- Agile management of tickets & constantly re-evaluating priorities
- Create & maintain incident management reports
- Ensure SLA & KPI commitments are not jeopardised
- Proactively monitor systems for fine tuning & performance improvement
- Conduct root cause analysis to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Make recommendations to prevent repeat incident occurrence
- Provide caching & mentoring to junior teams members to help with their development
- Perform high availability checks, testing & fine tuning maintenance
- Assist with complex solution deployments & other related IT & Service Desk projects
Candidates should possess previous experience within a Technical Support, Helpdesk or Service Desk environment to a 3rd line level.
You’ll be experienced in the management of complex / 3rd line issues, administration, support, monitoring, trouble shooting, installation, configuration, deployment & rollout of virtual & on premise solutions. Your skills, experience & attributes should include as many of the following as possible:
- Knowledge of the IT, Technology, Cloud, ICT, Network Infrastructure, Microsoft communication & collaboration segment ideally to include some of the following:
- Managed cloud solutions (public / private / hybrid cloud, virtualisation, disaster recovery)
- MS Server, Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server
- Networks (LAN, WAN, WiFi, Internet, Connectivity, Access, RDP, MPLS, SD-WAN)
- MS communication & collaboration suite (Azure, M365, O365, Teams, Skype, Active Directory)
- Network Security, Fortinet Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Cisco ASI, Cisco ASA
- Cyber security (intrusion prevention & detection, threat management, PCI compliance)
- Unified Communications (unified comms, contact centre, IP telephony, Teams, Skype, PBX