Network Implementation EngineerRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is recruiting a contract Network Implementation Engineer based working from home. The CCNA / CCNP network engineer will work for a global telecoms carrier, network operator & managed service provider, implementing customer solutions. The role will have ownership for the management, delivery & implementation of bespoke & complex Cisco IP WAN network solutions for global Enterprise customers. The Network Engineer will configure, commission, provision, implement & support service & network activation for Core, Internet, IP, Cloud & Data products. If you possess a Cisco CCNA / CCNP & have experience in the delivery, implementation & integration of IP WAN Cisco networks (including configuration, migration, deployment, troubleshooting & advances technical support) I'm keen to hear from you.
Role: Network Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Service Delivery
Location: Work from home
Travel: Occasionally visit’s to customer sites in Berkshire & Warwickshire.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 09.00 - 17.30
Duration: 3 months+ contract
Security Clearance: SC or BPSS level clearance (or eligibility for clearance) is essential
Environment: Telecoms, Carrier, ISP, Network Operator, Internet Service Provider, IT, Technology, IT, Datacentre, Service Delivery, Network Operations, Network Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Provide, Support, Operations, Networking, Implementation, Configuration, Provisioning, Deployment, Migration, Integration, Commissioning, Install, Cisco CCNA / CCNP, WAN, LAN, IPVPN, VPN, Data, RIP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, Cisco.
- Delivery of core IP, WAN, Data & Cisco solutions
- Solution implementation & configuration
- Network implementation
- Remote configuration & commissioning
- End to end deployment
- Change & delivery management
- New product deployment
- Process management
- Governance & Control
Contract opportunity for CCNA / CCNP network engineer to join an international telecommunications company to take ownership of the installation, configuration and delivery of new network & datacentre services, for a major enterprise customer account. It is essential that the candidate will be able to interface with all levels of senior stakeholders both internally and with customer representatives, to provide a ‘best in class’ level of support during this major implementation project.
- Act as a project implementation subject matter expert and be accountable for the customer solution technical delivery phase of a project life-cycle.
- Work closely with solution designers during project design phases to gain a full understanding of a solution and specific needs in terms of implementation.
- Work closely with engineers and project managers to implement and deliver solutions as per designs.
- Deliver complex customer solutions on various Cisco Routing and Switching devices based on LLD/HLD requirements.
- Aid the project manager with design deliverables.
- Provide a technical implementation and design escalation path for projects and engineering teams. Aid in 4th line support resolving complex DC issues with set deadlines.
- Deployment planning - translating customer solution designs into robust technical solutions
- Technical validation – approval / rejection of non-standard customer solutions to ensure compliance
- Technical deployment - build, test, configure, commission, install, integrate, manage & support Cisco & Checkpoint solutions
- Project delivery - Managing the delivery of bespoke customer solutions as per design, order or project plan
- Network management - network installation, troubleshoot, resolve & monitor faults within the networks
- Incident Management - P1, P2 and P3 Incidents, advanced fault finding & troubleshooting
- Risk & quality management – escalations, root cause analysis, CSAT, handling time, improvement plans
- Client Relations - prevent & manage escalations, customer review meetings, SLA / KPI management
- Continuous process improvement - analysis, development, deployment
We are looking for senior engineers with hands on experience of major network and datacentre implementation projects.
You should be capable of delivering large scale & complex Network solutions. Your knowledge, skills and experience should be similar to those outlined above & your technical knowledge should include as much of the following as possible:
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP or CCIP or CCDP accreditation
- Experience with Routing Protocols (BGP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS)
- Layer 2/ 3 principles & protocols to across multiple MPLS networks
- TCP/IP protocols & services (TCP / UDP, IPSec, VoIP, SNMP, DNS, Radius / TACACS+, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS)
- VPN Technologies (IPSec, SSL VPN, DMVPN, FlexVPN)
- Authentication Management (RSA SecurID, Cisco ACS / ISE, TACACS+ & RADIUS)
- Complex IP network implementation
- It is essential for candidates to currently hold OR be eligible to pass BPSS (Basic Check) and SC level security clearance checks.