BIG-IP Network Design EngineerRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is currently recruiting for a Contract Network Design Engineer & Technical Design Authority to work for a Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Telecoms Carrier & Network service provider. We are looking for someone who has experience of large scale service provider WAN, LAN, Cloud & IP networking, network design. The Design Engineer will ensure customer solutions are designed to manage the delivery, security, optimisation, stability, performance, capacity & availability of IP WAN networks, load balancing & cloud solutions. Ideally you will possess Cisco - CCNA / CCDA / CCDP / CCNP / F5 Networks - F5–CTS / F5-SP / F5-CA / F5-CSE or equivalent certifications.
Global IT, Technology, Cloud, Infrastructure, Telecom, Telecommunications, Telecoms, Telco, Carrier, ISP, Service Provider, Internet, TDA, Technical Design Authority, Network Designer, Design Engineer, Solution Architect, LLD, HLD, WAN, SDWAN, SD-WAN, Cisco, IP, MPLS, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Routers, Switches, Ethernet, LAN, Firewalls, Security, Capacity Management, Traffic Management, Load Balancer, Load Balancers, F5 Networks, Big-IP, BIG-IP Configuration, Virtual-IP, Radware, Barracuda, Fortinet CCNA / CCDA / CCDP / CCNP / F5 Networks - F5–CTS / F5-SP / F5-CA / F5-CSE.
- Role:Design Engineer, Technical Design Authority, Customer Solution Design, LLD, HLD
- Technology: Cloud, Virtualisation, WAN, LAN, Infrastructure, IP, Cisco, Load Balancers, F5 Networks, BIG-IP, SDN, NFV
- Location: Anywhere UK. Work from home. Or, office locations available in London, Reading, Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow
- Security Clearance: SC Level (Eligibility for clearance is essential)
- Duration: Up to 12 month contract
New contract opportunity for a customer facing Cisco / F5 Networks / Load Balancer focused IP WAN network solution design consultant to join an international IT, Cloud, Telecoms Carrier & Service Provider. Utilising site surveys and technical knowhow, you will take ownership of creating low level designs and documentation of the configurations in support of Cloud & Network deployments. This will take the shape of a Site Implementation Plan (SIP) which the engineering teams will use to deploy the network build on the customer site.
The role will provide bespoke, detailed designs & technical ownership for the customer solution including the issuing of detailed network solutions, technical leadership and implementation support. The network designer will be engaged throughout the LLD design process including the design and documentation of solutions. The Design Engineer will own the technical delivery of customer solutions and will be the technical interface between customer, product teams and project management during service delivery.
As a leading Telco brand, the company offers a compelling mix of Global Communications and Networked IT services to major corporate companies and government departments. This includes a product and service portfolio comprising of seamless converged network, Internet & IT solutions such as; MPLS, Ethernet, VPN, UC/VoIP, Hosting, Cloud & Managed Services etc.
Potential candidates should possess demonstrable experience within highly complex Low Level Solution design and technical architecture whereby you can demonstrate both strong commercial & technical abilities.
- Good understanding of complex WAN & Cloud Infrastructure environments for private & public Cloud & Networks in an IP environment.
- Understanding IP WAN networks security, capacity, traffic management, optimisation
- Understanding of Load Balancers, Virtual IP, BIG-IP, Local Traffic Manager LTM
- Knowledge and familiar with telecommunication & cloud environments
- Familiarity with Cisco, F5 Networks, Radware, Barracuda, Fortinet or other Load Balancers equipment
- Ability to understand the individual site survey reports and produce the required output
- Ability to question the site survey engineers both internally and externally if findings are not in alignment
- Candidates must have technical Low Level Design (LLD) design exposure across WAN, LAN, IP VPN, MPLS, Cloud, Security, Firewall, Router, Switching & Load Balancers etc.
- It is desirable for candidates to have some Cisco certifications ranging from CCNA to CCNP, CCDP, CCIE written/full lab.
- It is desirable for candidates to have some F5 Networks certifications ranging from F5–CTS, F5-SP, F5-CA, F5-CSE
- It is essential for the successful individual to currently hold OR be eligible to pass BPSS (Basic Check) and SC level security clearance checks.