Service ArchitectRegister for Job Alert
@mecscomms is recruiting contract Service Architects & Service Designers, to deliver complex transformation programmes on behalf of a Global IT, Technology & Telecom service provider. The roles will have ownership for service architecture design for large ICT, application & infrastructure projects. You will have ownership for steering service transitions & change management initiatives including all service & business readiness activity for complex supply models. If you’re experienced in technical service design & architecture, change, transformation & process management within ITSM, ITSD & support framework environments, I’m keen to hear from you.
Position: Service Architect & Service Designer
Location: Anywhere UK. London, Reading, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow or work from home
Security Clearance: SC Level (Eligibility for clearance is essential)
Duration: Up to 12 month contract
Service Architect, Service Designer, Technical Consultant, Subject Matter Expert, Solutions Architect, Presales Consultant, Design Authority, TDA, Principle Consultant,, Service Transition, Service Readiness, Business Readiness, Service Management, Process Management, Change Management, Delivery, Implementation, Deployment, Rollout, Service Delivery, Service Manager, Service Frameworks, Enterprise solutions, IT, Technology, Cloud Computing, Hosted Services, Internet, IoT, Hosting, Managed IT Solutions, Networks, Telecoms, Unified Communications, Unified Comms, Security, Mobility, Mobile Data, Video, Connectivity, LAN, WAN, WiFi, Ethernet, IDA, xDSL, SDH, MPLS, IPT, SIP, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, Juniper, Microsoft, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, ITIL, ISEB, Prince2, eTOM, TOGAF.
- Service design consultancy
- Service architect & service design
- Service management & transition
- Service & business readiness
- Creation of service delivery frameworks
- Design end to end support models
- Error management mapping
- Change & transformation management
- Customer facing meetings with bid teams
- Agreement of specific deliverables
- Process management
- Governance & Control
The Service Architect & Service Designer will provide professional service consultancy to large enterprise customers, embarking on major transformation projects. As a subject matter expert, the Service Architect Consultant will provide a reassuring presence to customers, guiding all stakeholders (internal & external) throughout the project lifecycle & into a successful “Go Live” & BAU.
You will conduct situation & needs analysis, gather requirements, complete service audits, produce service designs & solutions architecture documents, create implementation & deployment plans & provide a high level consultancy throughout the solution implementation.
Working with the Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Resource, Bid, Pre-Sales, Delivery Teams & Customer Stakeholders, the Service Architect & Service Designer will be involved with:
- Partnering with customers and customer engagement
- Requirements gathering, needs analysis, service audits
- Defining scope, requirements, goals, solution roadmap & deliverables
- Identifying commercial, business, technical & service needs
- Designing service architecture solutions
- Designing, delivering & governing the end-to-end service design process
- Promoting, facilitating & coordinating technical & commercial streams to achieve delivery
- Working collaboratively as part of the consultancy project team with high-performing colleagues
Candidates should have previous Service Architect & Service Design experience ideally gained within an ISP, Network Service Provider, Managed Hosting, Telecom, Technology, ICT, Cloud, Systems / Network Integrator or similar type of technology managed services provider. Your experience is likely to include as much of the following as possible:
- Service architect, service design, design authority, presales consultant or solutions designer
- Large-scale, bespoke & complex service solution design and implementations
- Producing service designs considering support, feasibility, risk & cost
- Expertise in the area of ITIL process service management & tooling across the service lifecycle
- Experience with various support matrix, resource & cost models
- Production of service box configurations, service diagrams & definition documentation
- Working with Global stakeholders in complex supply environments
- Knowledge of technical services typically delivered by a MSP
- Ideally familiarity with some of the following; ITIL, ISEB, Prince2, eTOM, TOGAF
- Excellent contractual & commercial awareness
It is desirable for candidates to have some Cisco certifications ranging from CCNA to CCNP, CCDP, CCIE written/full lab or Voice specialisations. Other vendor qualifications are equally beneficial.
It is essential for the successful individual to currently hold OR be eligible to pass BPSS (Basic Check) and SC level security clearance checks.